We are pleased to announce the beta of Hyperledger Fabric on Kaleido. When creating an environment, our customers and users can now select ‘Hyperledger Fabric’ as a protocol option in addition to our support for Corda OS and Ethereum variants Quorum, Go-Ethereum, and Hyperledger Besu. For a detailed comparison of the three protocols, see our technical writeup.
Hyperledger Fabric is a popular protocol choice for enterprises - you’ve been asking us for this for some time now. We wanted to give Fabric users the best experience anywhere, and wouldn’t settle for a bare bones onboarding. We pride ourselves on simplifying your entire journey from exploration to production. To go that far you need a complete set of tools, dashboards, and devops capabilities.
A Fabric “Easy Button”
The mission of Kaleido has always been to give enterprises the “easy button” for setting up high quality decentralized networks. Fabric is a popular choice for enterprises with significant market adoption. It comes with an extensive, rich set of features and a unique programming model. While powerful and well engineered, Fabric is also by far the most complex technology Kaleido is running for our users - blockchain or non-blockchain. For example, when creating a Fabric node, you’ll notice that there are now two types to choose from: Peer nodes and Orderer nodes.
At launch, we have chosen a feature set that we believe serves the needs of most fabric networks while also preserving simplicity of use for common tasks like deploying chaincodes and managing channels. As always, please let us know your feedback and we’ll make enhancements accordingly.
Industry leading Fabric features
Here’s a snapshot of some of the Fabric-specific features:
- Version 2.3 - comes with the latest version and many popular new features
- Channel management - easily create and manage channels on the Kaleido console
- Peer nodes, Orderer nodes, and Fabric CA - each organization gets their own set of Fabric runtimes
- RAFT consensus - the best consensus choice for enterprise
- Easy chaincode deploy - integrated with Kaleido’s smart contract management, it’s never been easier to manage chaincode deployments
- Fabric Explorer - each organization gets its own fabric explorer
- Consortia as a Service - built to support consortia network operators out of the box, with the tooling, workflows and governance
Since Fabric is running on the robust Kaleido platform, you also enjoy:
- Instant, secure, and dynamic cross-cloud networks spanning AWS and Azure
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery infrastructure
- On-demand snapshot backups of your data and configuration
- A simple API to automate the provisioning and management of your resources including Terraform scripting
- Global deployment footprint
- 24x7 support available, backed by the deep subject matter expertise (former contributors and maintainer of Fabric)
- ISO27001 and SOC2 Type 2 compliance
- Experience running the world’s major blockchain networks across financial services, supply chain, healthcare, insurance, agriculture, government, media & entertainment, retail, industrial, and more
Try it out today - free
Go ahead, give it a whirl. Hyperledger Fabric is free to try on our Starter plan.
If you’re looking to migrate your Hyperledger Fabric deployment to Kaleido from an older or current Fabric release, we’re standing by to help with migration services and hardened custom tooling to minimize any disruption to your network.
As always, please leave us your feedback and let us know where you’d like us to go from here!