If you’re a blockchain developer using Hyperledger Fabric, you’ve heard about chaincode. In this Tech Tuesday, Jim Zhang, Kaleido co-founder and Head of Protocol, takes you through everything you need to know to write and deploy chaincode, including:
- Why chaincode is the critical piece of the Hyperledger Fabric architecture that implements transaction processing logic.
- How Fabric’s chaincode process communicates with the fabric peer through HTTP, unlike other blockchain designs.
- How running Hyperledger Firefly on Kaleido offers easier ways to handle the complexity of chaincode deployment, including an API-based interaction and event streaming capability.
- An overview of how the Fabric Gateway SDK allows clients to interact with the chaincode, while Fab Connect provides a REST API server for seamless chaincode interaction and event subscription.
- An overview of Hyperledger Firefly as a comprehensive blockchain integration layer that supports various blockchains, including Fabric, and simplifies chaincode integration and management.
By the end of this video, you will have the knowledge and skills to write and deploy your own chaincode on a Hyperledger Fabric network using the Kaleido platform.