Kaleido, located in Raleigh NC, is a rapidly growing tech start-up. Kaleido makes blockchain and digital assets radically simple for organizations to adopt so that businesses and society can benefit from decentralized technologies.Our mission is to help enterprises reinvent how their ecosystems share data, collaborate, and transact. Kaleido has been driving blockchain in the enterprise since the technology’s very inception.
At Kaleido, you'll be working on the cutting edge of blockchain and web3 technologies. We are one of the fastest-growing, highest rated tech companies in the blockchain and digital assets space worldwide. Kaleido powers the top blockchain networks and solutions globally and has been featured in WRAL Startup Unicorns, Forbes, CNBC, and many other news outlets. Kaleido received its initial investment from one of the co-founders of Ethereum. Last year the Kaleido team open-sourced its learnings & code from more than a half decade in the blockchain space and is helping drive this major new open source community called Hyperledger FireFly.
Kaleido is growing rapidly and seeking a Blockchain Protocol Engineer with a passion for enterprise blockchain software. You have an interest and/or SaaS based experience in cloud services, devops, and the developer experience - you are passionate about the needs of users in relation to these areas.
- We are active participants in the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) and contributors to multiple open source projects (Quorum, Hyperledger Fabric).
- We are at the forefront of Enterprise adoption of blockchain technology.
- Able to solve challenges in running and scaling permissioned blockchain networks in mission-critical Enterprise use cases.
- Work with open source communities around data privacy, cross-chain interoperability, using techniques such as zero knowledge proofs and state channels.
- Opportunities to research and develop innovative approaches to some of the most challenging problems in software such as advanced cryptography and distributed systems.
- Knowledge in advanced cryptography a big plus such as group signature, zero knowledge proofs.
- Understanding of IPFS and distributed hash tables.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior engineering role.
- Experience with blockchain and smart contracts.
- Experience in blockchain protocol development.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the code you write
- Highly collaborative engineers who build good relationships with colleagues and communicate clearly.
- Fast learner excited to develop new skills.
- Excellent communicator who works well in extremely fast-paced team environments.
- Thrives in chaos and is comfortable with the uncertainty and the rapid change of R&D projects.
- Self-starter who can define and execute tasks with minimal guidance.
- Strong back-end development experience using one of GO, Rust or Java.
- Hands on experience in basic cryptography such as digital signature, encryption based on asymmetric or symmetric keys, key agreement.
- Being able to explain consensus algorithms like Raft or Paxos, PBFT.
- B.S. or M.S in Comp Sci.